Lenin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mexico coyote killing contest back on under new sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    they stay home and live in a box and don't realize how many square miles there are in this state.
    Puts an interesting spin on 'get out and smell the roses.'

... 'You should get out and hunt more.'

Would make them wiser, indubitably

"Right way's the hardest, wrong way's the easiest. Rule of nature, like water seeks the path of least resistance. So you get crooked rivers and crooked men"

Boobs and beer FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Crow View Post
    I shot one this morning.
    What did you shoot it with?

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
    What did you shoot it with?
    30-06 I was really deer/hog hunting when we crossed paths.

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
    You must not have coyotes where you live, they're like big rats that hunt in packs.
    Yes and no. They're here but I've never seen one. We have more problms with deer than anything else. An acquatance of mine popped one in his suburban yard with a bow and arrow and got in deep shit for it, probably because its dropped dead in someone elses driveway down the street while they were leaving for work.

Seems an awful lot like shooting a dog. I like dogs like any white man does, so, I can't really see shooting a coyote without good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    Seems an awful lot like shooting a dog. I like dogs like any white man does, so, I can't really see shooting a coyote without good reason.
    Sometimes there is a good reason, though

"Right way's the hardest, wrong way's the easiest. Rule of nature, like water seeks the path of least resistance. So you get crooked rivers and crooked men"

Boobs and beer FTW!

MadScienceType is offline Affirmative Axeshun Rocket Scientiss

Draco, they look like dogs, but they aren't dog-like in behavior at all, at least not in terms of domestication traits.

Think of them as the niggers of the canine genus and you'll see why people cap them at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScienceType View Post
    Draco, they look like dogs, but they aren't dog-like in behavior at all, at least not in terms of domestication traits.

Think of them as the niggers of the canine genus and you'll see why people cap them at every opportunity.
    Maybe so, but they are here for a purpose, and I can't think of any reason, except fear, for hunting them down and culling them to the point of extinction.

I have a healthy fear of my domesticated dogs. I'm not about to shoot them unless they turn rabid.

It's like saying elephants pose a danger to humans so kill all of them. I believe in culling for the betterment of animals, but this appears to be a vendetta against a species as thus, is wrong, just as fox hunting as a sport is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Maybe so, but they are here for a purpose, and I can't think of any reason, except fear, for hunting them down and culling them to the point of extinction.

I have a healthy fear of my domesticated dogs. I'm not about to shoot them unless they turn rabid.

It's like saying elephants pose a danger to humans so kill all of them. I believe in culling for the betterment of animals, but this appears to be a vendetta against a species as thus, is wrong, just as fox hunting as a sport is wrong.
    Believe me they are no where near extinction, in fact there are more coyotes now than there ever was in this country. They are like the wild hogs and deer populations now, they are out of control and need to be kept in check, not to mention the loss of millions of dollars to ranchers and sheep farmers.

Coyote with fricking laser beams

Boobs and beer FTW!