Save World

Thread: 5 things every man should be able to do

Default 5 things every man should be able to do

According to Earle Liederman, an early 20th century strongman and fitenss trainer “Every man should be able to save his own life. He should be able to swim far enough, run fast and long enough to save his life in case of emergency and necessity. He also should be able to chin himself a reasonable number of times, as well as to dip a number of times, and he should be able to jump a reasonable height and distance.

These are his five benchmarks
    " A man should be able to:
    Swim at least half a mile

Run at top speed two hundred yards or more

Jump over obstacles higher than his waist

Pull his body upward by the strength of his arms, until his chin touches his hands, at least fifteen to twenty times

Dip between parallel bars or between two chairs at least twenty-five times

If he can accomplish these things he need have no fear concerning the safety of his life should he be forced into an emergency from which he alone may be able to save himself.”

"Right way's the hardest, wrong way's the easiest. Rule of nature, like water seeks the path of least resistance. So you get crooked rivers and crooked men"

Boobs and beer FTW!

Does answering "I could 30 years ago" count?

Pull-ups...yeah
    Run...I'd die in 100 feet
    Jump...yeah, but I'd pay for it for at least a week
    Swim...floating with an occasional back stroke work?
    Only dip I'm familiar with is between my cheek and gum.
    We were all born right-handed, but some of us had the intelligence to overcome the handicap...

I can do that shit easily. Except the waist high jumping. Does it have to be a clear hurdle???
    "...What’s wrong with murdering innocent children if it’s for a good cause? And it is a little bit funny.” – Mikemikev, 07-19-2013, 02:30 PM

The 5 things every man should be able to do...after 50.
    1. Lock
    2. Load
    3. Aim
    4. Fire
    5. Repeat 3 and 4 as many times as necessary.
    A radical muslim wants to behead you. A moderate muslim wants a radical muslim to behead you.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?
    Meek and obedient you follow the leader
    down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel...
    Roger Waters

1. Buy fish and chips for under £3 at a chippy no more than 100yds from your house.

2. Enjoy drinking a pint from a pubs vast selection of ales.

3. Served in a pub your ale by a highly attractive barmaid complete in an outfit exposing her breasts with a hint of nipple.

4. After drinking all evening the Landlord of a pub thanks you for your custom and informs you "I've called a taxi for you sir, and it's paid for by the brewery"

5. When arriving home after a session the female of the house glides You into your comfy leather chair by the fire, tells you supper will be ready in 2 minutes after handing you a bottle of pedigree ale, and informs you tonight she wants rough sex.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Sounds like you definitely know what you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    5. When arriving home after a session the female of the house glides You into your comfy leather chair by the fire, tells you supper will be ready in 2 minutes after handing you a bottle of pedigree ale, and informs you tonight she wants rough sex.
    That's so you'll know why the German guy is there.

5. Beers a man should be able to buy easily in Supermarkets.

Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?