Fuck Off

Thread: Happy Reformation Day!!

Default Happy Reformation Day!!

On October 31, 1517, Martin Luther started the Protestant Revolution and pissed off a lot of Papists by nailing his 95 Theses do the door of a church in Wittenberg, Germany.

"Right way's the hardest, wrong way's the easiest. Rule of nature, like water seeks the path of least resistance. So you get crooked rivers and crooked men"

Boobs and beer FTW!

I rather want to go back much, much further -- back into the origins of Greek Orthodox Christianity, which trumps Catholicism, in my view.

You know, there are several other purported Gospels that didn't make the cut into the Bible, and they didn't make the cut for political reasons. Some things never change. At least one of them quotes Jesus first hand: Gospel of Thomas.

That's very interesting to me. I stand outside my religion like a tourist at a zoo. LOL. I think you are on your own with Christ as Christians are generally corrupt. It's you and God, and you are essentially on your own.
    Lingolution: noun. Term that refers to the intentional misuse and destruction of language and grammar consequent to the use of computers -- because it's fun.
    Obamalution: noun. Term that refers to the irreversible Haitianization and descent of sivowyzasheeon consequent to accomodating blacks as equals in civil society.
    Evilution: n. term given to the phenomenon that most people are just more comfortable in Hell.

The Various Eastern Orthodox Churches and the Roman Cult share a common origin, as they were one and the same until they had a huge falling out in the mid 11th century.

They split for many reasons, primarily the Latin Church's claim of Papal Supremacy.

There is a collection of books commonly known as the Apocrypha, which are not accepted as part of the Bible by Protestant churches, but are accepted by the Papists, and to varying degrees by the Eastern Orthodox Churches.

The Gospel of Thomas that you refer to, as well as several other purported Gospels, were found in Egypt in the mid 20th century, and I know of no mainstream churches that accept them as part of the Bible.

I am a Bishop in the UNIVERSAL LIFE CHURCH of Modesto, California, so I know all of these things. I'm starting to realize that I am infallible as well.

eta - We have had our own Great Schism in the Universal Life Church. A bunch of heretics split from us and formed the ULC Monastery. Do not associate with them, or you will burn in a lake of fire for all eternity.
    Last edited by DirtySanchez; 12-31-2017 at 03:43 AM.